Sherlock can never resist the opportunity to remind Mycroft of that terrible fairground accident…
Theme by Zeldalise
Does that say Hannibal Lecter Actual Cannibal
SEVENS IN HARRY POTTER. SEVEN BOOKS IN THE SERIES. SEVEN HORCRUXES. SEVENS ON HIS FOREHEAD
Other sevens in Harry Potter:
- 7 years at Hogwarts
- 7 floors of Hogwarts
- 7 galleons for a wand
- 7 positions in quidditch
- 7 tasks in the Sorceror’s Stone
- 7 potions in task 6
- 7 Weasley children
- Ginny is the 1st Weasley girl in 7 generations.
- Gryffindor beats Slytherin for the house cup for the first time in 7 years in the Sorceror’s Stone
- 7 books Gilderoy Lockhart requires for DADA (CoS)
- 7 muggles see Harry and Ron fly the car (CoS)
- 7 days of Aunt Marge (PoA)
- Arthur Weasley wins 700 galleons (PoA).
- 7 tear drops on Hagrid’s letter to Hermione (PoA).
- 7 people in the Shrieking Shack (PoA): Harry, Hermione, Ron, Sirius, Lupin, Snape, and Pettigrew.
- Voldemort killed Frank Bryce who was 77 to make the 7th horcrux.
- 7 locks on Moody’s trunk (GoF)
- Dobby has 7 socks (GoF)
- Unicorns don’t turn pure white until they’re 7 years old. (GoF)
- Harry was “born as the 7th month dies…” (OotP)
- 7 memories of Tom Riddle (HBP)
- Harry and Ron get 7 O.W.L.s each (HBP)
- 7DADA teachers
- 7 questions Bellatrix asks Severus in Spinner’s End
- 7 Harry Potters with 7 Order members
- 7 races in the wizarding world: Human, Giant, Goblin, Centaur, Elf, Werewolf, Veela
- There are 142 stairs at Hogwarts which adds to 7 (1+4+2=7)
- Cleansweep 7
- Gryffindor Tower is located on the 7th floor
- Nicholas Flamel and his wife have 7 years age difference
- 7 hidden passageways out of Hogwarts on the Marauders’ Map
- Flitwick’s office (where Sirius is locked in PoA) is on the 7th floor
- 700 ways to commit a foul in Quidditch.
- The Tri-Wizard Tournament was first established 700 years before it’s appearance in the GoF.
- Fred and George charge 7 sickles for a canary cream
- Clause Seven of the Decree states that magic may be used before Muggles in exceptional circumstances
- The Room of Requirement, used for DA meetings, is on the 7th floor. (OotP)
- Cormac McLaggen’s mother was married 7 times. (HBP)
- 7 death eaters at the tower in HBP: Draco, Fenrir, Amycus, Alecto, tall blond, Snape, Gibbon as well as 7 members of the Order and the DA: McGonagall, Tonks, Lupin, Neville, Ginny, Hermione, Ron
- Lily began going out with James in their 7th year at Hogwarts
- The prophecy is in row 97 in the Department of Mysteries
- There are 7 Animagi registered with the Improper Use of Magic Office
- 7 people locked in the Malfoy’s cellar (DH): Ollivander, Luna, Dean, Harry, Dean, Ron, and Griphook
HOW HAVE WE NEVER NOTICED THIS BEFORE!?!?!?
Guys there’s no notes on this post. We broke another post on tumblr…
JK Rowling is the greatest writer ever
7 is the number for completeness in numerology
0 notes y’all broke it again
babies are naturally able to swim hello they just spent nine moths in amiotic fluid this is instinctive so no, parent is not shitty, parent is re-enforcing baby’s natural instinctive behaviour.
parent is good for doing this because parent is basically saying “yes the behaviours you were born with are great!”
Yup, if babies are ‘taught’ (allowed) to swim before they are six weeks old, they never lose the instincts they were born with that lets them hold their head above water and hold their breath when they need to. SCIENCE, man.
What’s really cool is, humans are the only primates known to have this instinct at birth. Other ape babies would just freak out and drown. So I don’t think it comes from being in amniotic fluid for 9 months (since it’s not like they have room to actually swim in there). It’s been speculated that humans evolved in the ocean at some point, which is a really cool theory that I recommend checking out.
Also, SWIMMING BABY IS ADORABLE.
This is literally the stupidest comic I have ever made and I’m not even sorry
"I’m going on an adventure!"
"No you aren’t, come eat your fruit."
I’m pretty sure this has been on my blog like 12 different times but I will never not reblog this
I absolutely love this
We live in an age where everyone has a camera on them one way or another and information is spread around the globe at the speed of light and the degree at which we apply and regard security is at an all time high….
…. and somehow a two hundred feet long, three hundred thousand pound aircraft carrying two hundred and thirty-nine souls has completely vanished.
Our tiny blue marble has become frighteningly huge in the worst way possible